Monday, September 26, 2011

update 9-26-2011

Yesterday I spent the day getting over the wicked FLU BUG! It's no wonder I feel like I am catching everything that is going around lately, my WBC has been very low... but I am hoping I'm over the hump!My counts should go up from here.
Last week my hemoglobin(sp) was borderline for a possible blood transfusion, thank goodness that was up this week and a transfusion was not necessary! :) as those numbers go up....I will feel stronger and have more energy!!!
The good news is My chemo Dr. said checked out great today and cleared me to start radiation! I'm happy about that because I am ready to start this new chapter and start feeling better. I have my planning session tomorrow and will hopefully start radiation next week ( It seems like I have been saying that forever.....come on already!!!)
 I have my follow up CT scan on my chest, abdomen and pelvic area next week to make sure I am still " all clear." so I appreciate prayers for a clear scan! I will have scans every 4months from here. Im sure that will prove to be a scary time for my family and I when I have to do that, but the longer I go with good news, the easier it will get.
Ya know, of all of the BAD things that my family and I have been through with this cancer, we are finally starting to be able to look back on all of this and realize this has given us such a different perspective on life, has brought us closer together, made us appreciate every moment I feel good, and has shown us what a HUGE support system we have in our family and friends.( The number of prayer lists I am on, and just the shear number of people I have praying for me..has proven to work in my favor!) SO THANK YOU!!! JD and I both feel overwhelmed by the kindness you have shown us and will continue to pay it forward!
Love, Love.
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment