Monday, September 5, 2011

My LAST WEEK of chemo!

Finally! Tomorrow begins my last week of chemo! I'm excited but nervous that this week will be hard. Since today was Labor Day....they will start me tomorrow, and "concentrate" the drugs so I will get the correct amount. That sounded good to me at first, but then I started thinking....concentrating the drugs to fit them into 4 days instead of 5??? on second thought...that sounds like its gonna suck! :) But....JD reminded me that I have been through 10 whole days of chemo....I can get through 4 more! After all, I STILL have the best support system...and wonderful friends and family who continue to be there for me! So....here we go! My last week....then they will wait three weeks to start radiation. I have an appointment on Sept. 27th for my planning session for radiation, and then we will get started! The nurse at Menorah told me that radiation will be nothing like chemo. I will have some discomfort in my hip area where they will do the radiation, and I will experience some fatigue. I worry when they say that....because before chemo, I thought I knew what fatigue was...Um, I was wrong! BUT, she did promise me that the fatigue I will feel from radiation will not be as bad as it is with chemo. That sounds a little more promising!
Although I am ready to go back to work and meet my class, and see my friends....I am worried about going back before I am ready physically and mentally after this ordeal. Even two weeks after chemo I am able to get out during the day and do fun things, those times are short lived and I am usually down for the rest of the afternoon and evening. So...I have to be sure I take enough time to recuperate and rest so I am 100% when I go back! I cant wait for that day! :)
Thanks for reading!!! I will do my best this week to update my blog...they might be short and sweet, but i will try! Thanks so much for reading!
Love. love,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment