Monday, September 19, 2011

The Downhill Slope

I feel like I'm on the downhill slope from here....
My blood work today showed that alot of my counts were low, but the one to be most concerned about is my hemoglobin (sp). The nurse said I was" borderline" for needing a blood transfusion. SO....I am hoping with more rest this week, my body will make the red blood cells it needs to bring that up so I wont have to do that. :) There isn't a whole lot I can do about that except rest when I get fatigued. I had a great day today and got out more than I have been in the past three weeks ( besides my trips to chemo treatments) and I was even able to make it to one of Joslyn's cross country meets! I enjoyed that so much! She had a great race! This week I need to really rest up so I can make it to her softball games. I'm happy today- I feel like every little thing I get to do just makes me that much happier. I admit that I have had some sad moments the past couple of weeks, but I'm working on keeping a positive outlook. I've finally shed some tears over the loss of my hair. I think its a little odd that I didnt cry about losing it until its time for it to start growing back,a little backwards, I know. But, I think I am just realizing that its going to take a long time to get my hair back the way it was.  The nice thing is, JD always lets me cry about things I feel like crying about so he let me cry and feel sorry for myself for a little while....then as always, he gave me some good advice. So my goal is to not dwell over the things I don't have control over ( like how long it takes to grow my hair out) but to focus on the things I can control and work on those. :) Good advice hu!? So that's the plan!

On the 26th, I see Dr. Myron ( My Chemo Dr. ) I think he will tell us when my next scan will be, but Im not really sure what else. I have to wait three weeks after my last chemo session before I can start radiation. On Sept. 27th I have my planning session and should start radiation the next week ( 1st week in October I think). I know I am rushing everything....but I am ready to get radiation started. I just feel like the sooner I start that part of my treatment, the sooner I can get on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment